It is with great excitement we announce all of our LCIT candidate nominations have just been validated by the Electoral Commission and are now on the www.votensw.info website. 9-8-2016:
We are the first candidates for Liverpool City Council on the website, which just goes to show we are more unified than all the other groups and parties and this is a feather in our cap that we look far more professional than all of them combined.
For those of you who were unable to attend our meetings when we announced them
Our Candidates are:
PETER HARLE – All of you would know Peter by now and what a great job he has done for the past 8 years for our community and residents. Peter along with his wife Janice have not only lived in Liverpool for the past 65 years, their whole family nucleus of 4 daughters, their spouses and their 12 grandchildren also live, work and play in Liverpool. So he has a genuine vested interest in ensuring Liverpool grows with future sustainable development and solid renewable employment, and as our Mayor I believe he would represent all of Liverpool well into the future.
NORTH WARD CANDIDATES:
1. PETER HARLE – presently a Liverpool City Councillor and what I like to call a quiet achiever –he gets things done without the hysterics and fanfare of other Councillors. Peter is probably one of the only Councillors who attends most Council Committee meetings, IHAP’s JRPP’s PAC’s – 2168 Community meetings/ Rural Forums/ Luddenham Progress Group/Austral Progress Group/ No Intermodal/RAID and anything else that has either a negative or positive impact for Liverpool on the CBD, and its surrounding urban and rural areas. It doesn’t matter what ward he is elected to he believes he represents all of Liverpool. Peter brings a stability to Council that is required for good governance.
2. BERNARD GARLING – Bernard is a Director of Liverpool Chamber of Commerce and Industry Inc. and General Manager at Hunts Country Comfort Inn – Bernard has a solid knowledge of Liverpool business’s and has worked in the business sector for over 25 years. He knows what Liverpool needs to continue to grow into the future. Bernard also has firsthand knowledge of council issues affecting council employees and believes that consultation, mediation and not industrial action is the key to a successful Council. Bernard would bring a good solid business knowledge to Council.
3. MARK GEORGE – Mark has been an LCIT stalwart for over 20 years and knows Liverpool’s history better than anyone I know, along with his Scouting Australia duties he believes strongly in supporting the youth of Liverpool into the future. Mark would bring extensive general knowledge of Liverpool and its surroundings.
4. PAULINE ROWE – Secretary, Treasurer and Party Agent for over 7 years for LCIT – Attended Council meetings now for the past 8 years and has a solid knowledge of Council governance, policies and protocols. A member of the Badgerys Creek Taskforce and a rural advocate for rural residents on planning issues. Pauline would bring good planning skills to Council.
5. MARC CONNERS – Marc is a highly respected 3rd generation Horse Racing trainer and has been established in the Warwick Farm precinct for many years. Marc being the father of 3 very active children would like to see sporting and recreational facilities in Liverpool upgraded for our youth. Marc would bring vast area knowledge and innovative recreational ideas to Council
SOUTH WARD CANDIDATES:
1. KARRESS RHODES– Karress is a Director and Secretary of the Liverpool Chamber of Commerce and Industry Inc., Publisher of Your Liverpool Magazine, 2013 – NSW Business Chamber Finalist South Western Sydney Excellence in Business Ethics, 2015 – Liverpool Council Australia Day Small Business award. Member of Liverpool City Council Economic and Developments Committee. Karress is an ethical and professional business owner who believes in transparency in all council matters. Her work with “Your Liverpool” over the past 6 years has managed to highlight the positive in the Liverpool LGA and she believes in advancing Liverpool into the future with sustainable growth and employment. Karress would bring vast business knowledge, along with her diplomatic and common sense approach to her role as a Councillor.
2. MICHAEL ANDJELKOVIC – Michael has been in the real estate and development sector for well over 25 years and understands the importance of good development using proper planning controls. Michael has also been active in the Prestons area (where he lives) by successfully defending McDonalds food outlet conducting a 24 hour operation in a predominantly suburban area. Michael would bring a wealth of development experience with a sense fairness to what development is fair to surrounding residents to Council.
3. NARELLE VAN DEN BOS – Narelle was one of the first campaigners against the Moorebank Intermodal and her “No Intermodal Booklet” which was sent to all levels of Government and Schools in 2013 was a document full of extensive research and data. Narelle has been a transport modeller for many years and now works as a school teacher. Narelle would bring a wealth of experience to Council.
4. ERIK RAKOWSKI – Erik has also been a tireless campaigner against the Moorebank Intermodals and has been responsible for the Residents Against Intermodal Developments (RAID) campaign. Erik is also a Graphic Artist and is continually updating his skill set. Erik is passionate about the future of Liverpool and it’s planning. Erik would bring the youth, vitality, passion and innovation needed to advance Liverpool as a regional city.
5. PETER SAVIDIS – Peter is also a passionate campaigner against the Intermodals, however, his main passion is ensuring Liverpool’s history is not lost and he has been tirelessly campaigning that Liverpool’s treasures are not just hidden away in storage but showcased for all the residents to see in a specialised museum. Peter would bring a sense of “yes lets looks to the future but let’s not forget where we all came from” to our Council
Congratulations to all our candidates.
So as you can see folks the Credentialing Committee had its work cut out placing all these excellent candidates as each and every one of them should be in Council representing us the residents.
This year could prove to be a very interesting election. I think now is the time for the people of Liverpool to reflect on the past 4 years and ask themselves “What sort of Council do we want in the next 4 years to represent us?” and the answer must be, we need to ‘VOTE FOR A BETTER COUNCIL” and I personally think the above candidates will give us this.
As members of LCIT we would appreciate all of you being our ambassadors and be out there talking to everyone you can about our group and remember you are all part of our campaign.
President LCIT 9-8-2016:
Our Flyer for Saturday 13th of August Bus Tour around Liverpool the click the link below;